Friday, October 4, 2013

Hawaii Anniversary Trip – Day 5-7

Day 5 was a Saturday and we decided to head to the swap meet at Aloha Stadium. It rained a little but it was nice and felt good because this ended up being one of the hottest days during our stay. Ryan got a little high off bartering with all the little shops. We were pretty successful in finding some great deals on souvenirs. We even got a Hawaii License plate for Kade’s collection!
I kept seeing Cardinals all over the place while we were there…I have only seen one in Arizona.
Kade had his first flag football game of the season and Kamryn her first ever soccer game. Sad we were missing it but we were glad Grandma and Grandpa were there to watch and take pictures for us!
  IMG_0444   IMG_0448
When we got back it was time to go parasailing!!! The company we used was right next to our hotel so we just walked on over. IT was such an awesome experience. I was very nervous but once we got out there it was awesome! I was ready to come down once I got up there though. They even dipped us in the water too!
A final picture before we went up…just in case we didn’t make it back!
IMG_0451 IMG_0453 IMG_0454
We made it! Another item checked off the bucket list! I don’t know how high we went. There were 3 other groups of 2 that went up while we were out and they let us out the same distance…partially because the workers inside didn’t tag us with our rope length. The longer your rope length the more expensive it is.
Our final Hawaiian sunset. I was sad that it was coming to an end but I was sure missing my kids! IMG_0459
The front of the Hotel
Our very last day we went and had breakfast and then walked around and explored a little. We did a lot of walking around.
So I have to say that I was diligent about using sunscreen. i did forget to put it on before our dolphin encounter so I did get a small burn. But for the most part I was whiter than when I came so the day before our last day I decided to lay out on the beach and by the pool for a little while with no sunscreen….well lets just say those 2 hours really did it! I was toast! Came back with a lovely burn! So I do recommend sun block! It did turn into a nice tan and then about 2 weeks later I peeled like crazy!

We were glad to see our kids when we got home! They were glad to see us but sad to see Grandma and Grandpa go!
 IMG_0472 IMG_0473 IMG_0474 IMG_0477

No comments: