Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kooper would have been seven months old today. Time flies by so fast! I look at other seven month old babies and it's hard for me to picture what he would look like. I am sure he would be a chubby little guy just like his big brother was at 7 months.

I wanted to post a picture of Kooper and his Daddy! Not many have seen this picture. This great Angel Mommy Melinda touched up this picture for me. I love it and wanted to share.



I also wanted to share a poem that came with a Christmas Tree ornament that Ryan's aunt Deb gave Kooper for Christmas.

If Tears Could Build a Stairway

If tears could build a stairway
and memories a lane.
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again.

No farewell words were spoken.
No time to say "Goodbye"
You were gone before I knew it
and only God knows why.

My heart still aches with sadness
and secret tears still flow
What it meant to love you-
No one can ever know.

But now I know you want me
to mourn for you no more;
Tor remember all the happy times,
life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten,
I pledge to you today-
A hollowed place within my heart
is where you'll always stay.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

what a beautiful picture! There is something so special and precious about daddys and their little ones.
I also really liked the poem, I had heard the first stanza before, but not the rest of it. Thanks for sharing.
Branson would also be 7 months right now. It doesn't seem possible that he consumes so much of my heart and mind, but that I don't have him here to love and hold.

Young Family said...

I love the picture and the poem.

Today we went to the cemetary and when we pulled up Hayden said, "I love you Scott. I miss you."

Brittanie said...

Those month markers are so hard. It feels like every moment that passes takes you further away.

I have a picture very much like that of my husband and my Cora. It's such a bittersweet thing. But it is beautiful, and the poem is too.

(hugs(

Amy said...

What a beautiful little boy! That picture is so precious. I wanted to thank you for commenting on our blog about our sweet Alexis. I'm sorry that you have to go through this also. You are such a great example! Thank you again. I also love that poem.

Amy